How-to Pool Liners: How to Install Swimming Pool Liners
How to Install an Above Ground Pool Liner
You’ve opted for the above ground pool for your summer time fun. Now, you want to select the right liner for your pool. It might seem like a daunting task at first, but here at Doheny’s Pool Supplies Fast we assure you that it isn’t. You are perfectly capable of installing your own pool liner and we’re here to show you how! We have over 10 liners for you to choose from.
Once you have obtained all of this information now comes the fun part! Installing your above ground pool liner! You can certainly go ahead and do it yourself with Doheny’s Pool Supplies Fast above ground pool liners at your disposal. Check out our selection to see which style works for you. Read on to find out how to set up your pool liner today.
1. Talk to us about your pool measurements. We have that information directly on our site when you select the size and type of pool you have. This allows our pool specialists to customize the right liner for your pool.
2. Please select the liner color and pattern- depending on your location and what you are looking for as far as décor is concerned, you can select either darker liner patterns or light liner patterns. Keep in mind, a darker liner pattern helps to heat up your pool naturally with the sun’s rays.
3. You will need to measure your swimming pool before you place the order with us. Use tape measures that are as long as the measurement in the pool (basically anything from corner to corner) should suffice.
4. Once you have measured your pool and filled out the customized pool liner forms on our site, you can drain your pool before the liner is delivered directly to your home.
5. Before you place the liner along your pool, you might want to check if there is any damage to your pool walls such as rust, damage, and/or kinks along the way that could cause problems when installing the liner.
6. Examine the floors for cracks or damage closely. If you find any, feel free to either email us or give us a call and we will guide you through the repair process.
7. It is very important to make sure your pool is completely clean before you install the liner. Wash and use a broom to scrub everything from top to bottom. Make sure there is no water at the bottom; if there is moisture simply vacuum it out to get rid of it.
8. Once you’ve made sure the pool is clean, free of moisture and damage free- unroll your new swimming pool liner to straighten out any kinks or folds.
9. Then, make sure the skimmer is sealed properly on the outside of the pool wall. You can even use duct tape since it is sturdy enough to handle the job.
10. Close up the water return, any lighting holes with the duct tape as well.
11. Prepare your pool vacuum to help straighten out the liner, insert 2’’ directly in to the skimmer area which should be secured tightly with duct tape.
12. Examine any sealed area closely to be sure there are no spaces or gaps.
13. Double check the pool floor for any damage or debris that might hinder your installation process.
14. Place your above ground pool liner outside of your pool and be sure it doesn’t accidentally fall inside the pool area.
15. You might want to unfold the liner outside of the pool area just to be sure nothing catches where it shouldn’t.
16. Now comes the fun part! Don’t worry it’s easy. Attach your pool liner and pull it approximately 6’’ over the wall.
17. Continue this process and be sure all sides are even as you pull them over the wall. Approximately 15’’ will suffice.
18. Tap the liner closer to the pool walls and make sure it rests flat.
19. Double check and adjust the liner as you see fit. The seams have to line up correctly around the perimeter of your pool.
20. Prepare your pool vacuum and turn it on. This will get rid of any left-over air in your pool liner.
21. Let the liner rest evenly as it tightens closer to your pool wall.
22. Keep a look out for kinks and wrinkles along the way. If need be, brush and tap the liner towards the walls.
23. While your pool vacuum is still running behind the liner, start filling your pool with water.
24. Fill up the remainder of your pool until you see 1’’ of water across the entire floor of the pool.
25. Turn off your pool vacuum only when the liner is fully attached to the pool wall. Be sure all kinks and unnecessary air bubbles are removed.
26. Get rid of all pool accessories and sealed items before you fill your pool to the maximum level it can take.
27. Prep your filtration system and let it run.
28. Once your filtration system moves the water smoothly, you can add sanitizers and clarifiers as necessary. Check out our site, send us an email, or give us a call if you need any assistance in adding the right amount of chemicals to your pool water.
Your pool liner is installed, the water is full to your above ground pool’s capacity, and the weather is just right for a swim. Invite your family, friends, and neighbors over and show off your handiwork. Installing your above ground swimming pool liner has never been easier.