Freight Delivery Information
The item I am ordering states that it ships via freight truck. What does that mean to me as far as the delivery of my order?
• Shipments requiring truck deliveries are due to the overall size or weight of the item. These items are either too large, or too heavy to be delivered to you by FedEx, UPS or USPS and require a delivery truck.
• The carrier will notify you of delivery 1-2 days prior to delivery. You, or someone you appoint, must be in attendance at the time of delivery. NOTE: Person signing for item must be over the age of 18.
• Lift gate service is available for an additional charge of $29.99 and must be requested at the time of order.
A lift gate truck has a hydraulic lift to set your order at the curb.
• If you do not order lift gate service, you will need to arrange for additional help to unload your order as you will be required to assist in moving your packages from the truck itself.
• If there is more than one box, the shipment will be put on a pallet and wrapped in clear plastic shrink wrap. You may need to break down pallet orders and unload the individual boxes or items. No single item should weigh more than 80lbs.
• Actual delivery dates cannot be determined at the time of order. Delivery may take up to 2 weeks depending on the delivery location and proximity to the warehouse.
• Please count the number of boxes/items that were delivered and compare that with the delivery bill. Note any differences in quantities on the delivery bill BEFORE you sign. This will be helpful in filing a claim with the trucking company.
• Refusal of delivery on a freight delivered item is subject to shipping and/or restocking fees.
Make a note of any damages on the delivery bill BEFORE you sign. The trucking company requires this in order to pay for damages that may occur during shipping.
If there is a large amount of damage (large holes in the boxes, contents spilling out, missing more than 10% of the boxes, etc.) please refuse delivery and contact Customer Service at 800 -574-7665. Doheny's will send a replacement. If you sign the delivery statement without noting all damaged and/or missing items, neither Doheny's Pool Supplies Fast nor the shipping company can be held responsible for any lost or damaged items.
Important Note: Please make sure to provide a valid phone number at time of order. Any storage fees resulting from the freight company’s inability to reach you to set up a timely delivery appointment will be at your expense.