Turning a Backyard Pool into a Tropical Lagoon
Are you looking to add a little ‘beachy’ flair to your backyard pool area? You want to entertain your family, friends, and neighbors in a bright, tropical atmosphere even though you may not actually live in such a place. Let us show you how to make over your backyard and bring the beach to you!
1. Add a Fun Pool Fountain. In order to add a certain ambiance to your backyard, consider a fountain. If you’re going for bright and lively, take a look at our fun Color Changing LED Fountain! Place in the water after connecting it to your pool’s return line and let it light up the night while you sit back and relax with a tropical piña colada.
2. Install a Pool Waterfall. Waterfalls are a great way to bring tranquility to your pool atmosphere. For a tropical theme, consider our Taos Waterfall. We have a few designs available depending on the décor surrounding your pool. This pool waterfall comes in Dark Granite, Sunset Red, Rustic Sandstone, and Light Granite. Check out which style best matches your pool!
3. The Big Reef. Have you ever seen a coral reef? Now you can stick your own reef directly in your pool for that ocean-like feel. Check out our Aqua Decal Coral Reef and explore the ocean floor as you swim along the bottom of your pool. This decal is available for all pool surfaces, including vinyl, concrete, and fiberglass. Our coral reef decals give a friendlier meaning to ‘swimming with the fishes!’
4. Just Lounging Around. If you want to just lay around near your pool and take in a warm, summer day consider Vivere’s Combo- Double Hammock with Stand. After all, ‘vivere’ means ‘live’ in Italian, so get out there and experience the relaxing side of life as you lay back and enjoy your tropical paradise. This double pool hammock is made with very comfortable 100% cotton material and comes in two popular designs, tropical and oasis.
5. Add a Deck Fire Pit. If your region has cooler evenings, consider a Tripod Fire Pit to keep your family and your pool guests warm near the pool. This fire pit is equipped with a crystal fire burner and it allows you to switch out the look of your fire with multi-colored tempered glass crystals delicately placed beneath the flames. If you prefer the old-fashioned look of a log fire, then consider the log set instead of the colored glass crystals.
6. Palm Tree Paradise. Do you have palm trees in your area? If not, consider the West of the Wind Palms poster. It’s 24”x24” tall, and perfect for hanging around the perimeter of your pool area. The realistic quality of this pool poster will leave your guests in awe. The West of the Wind Palms poster is weather and UV resistant, and can handle winds of up to 60 miles an hour!
7. Welcome to Miami! To keep within the beachy theme, you want furniture that is going to reflect that same look. Imagine the beaches of Miami and picture a laid back feel to your chairs and table set. We have the right furniture for you with the Miami Wickerlook Patio Furniture. It comes with a beautifully interwoven design for each chair and you can choose between the 5 , 6, and 7 piece sets. Weather resistant and comfortable, you just can’t go wrong with this patio furniture.
8. Au Natural Pool Diving Board. If your diving board needs a beachy makeover then consider the Boulder Springs Diving Base. These large boulders are sure to fascinate your pool guests as they imagine themselves diving from a cliff at a distant island beach. To match the décor of your pool area, there are 4 colors to choose from: sunset red, dark granite, light granite, and rustic sandstone.
9. Bring the Typhoon to You. The Typhoon Swimming Pool Slide is perfect for pool side fun! This pool slide features the GrandRapids™ water delivery system so it feels like you’re riding a wave. In order to fit your pool just right, it can curve left or curve right for your convenience. With an easy installation process this slide is sure to have your pool guests coming back for more!
10. It’s All in The Light. When the sun begins to set on your personal pool side beach; you don’t want the guests to leave just yet, right? Add some ambiance to the atmosphere with these Patio Living Concepts- LED Globe String & Umbrella Lights. The deck lights have an easy to operate on/off switch and are available in either white or color-changing LED designs.
Now that we have given you some ideas for how to achieve a beachy backyard pool atmosphere, you've got everything you need to start planning and creating your own personal tropical getaway, all from the comfort your own backyard. We have plenty of options available for that right style and fit, making it easy to transform your pool area into the tropical paradise that you have always wanted.