Pool Maintenance Schedule
Looking for a quick pool care guide that will make it easy to keep your pool looking great all season long? We've put together some helpful tips on daily and weekly pool care designed for pool owners that want to get the most our of their pool.
- Test Pool Water
Use a water test kit to test sanitizer levels, pH levels, and alkalinity levels.
- Add Chlorine or Bromine
Add sanitizers as needed
- Adjust pH and Alkalinity Levels
Add pool balancers as needed
- Check Skimmer Basket
Clear debris from skimmer basket to help keep pool water circulating
Once a Week:
- Shock Pool Water
Use pool shock to super sanitize pool water and quickly raise the chlorine level
- Add Algaecide
Add a weekly dosage of pool algaecide to prevent and control algae
- Add Metal Out
Add a weekly dosage of Metal Out to sequester metal particles
- Add Clarifier
Add a weekly dosage of clarifier to prevent cloudy water.
8 Safety Tips for Pool Chemical Use:
- Open all chlorine products outdoors to avoid breathing fumes
- Follow directions on label at all times
- Read all warning statements on product labels
- Never mix multiple chemicals…a violent reaction can occur
- Never add water to chemicals…add chemicals to water
- When handling chemicals use clean, dry utensils
- After handling chemicals wash hands thoroughly
- Store chemicals in a cool dry place and keep sealed
- Keep chemicals away from children!
Shop Pool Chemicals