Item # 4853P
Regular use of this less concentrated metal-out formula is ideal for controlling general stains in home pools and spas and helps to maintain sparkling, clear water. Easily eliminates scum and mineral deposits with regular use.
- Doheny's Metal Out
- Recommended Dosage: 4-6 oz per 10,000 gallons.
Metal Out is best used for prevention of metallic stains and hard water scaling in pools. The formula picks up the materials that are causing the stains and scale, holding them in the solution. Dissolve details and minerals, such as iron, calcium, manganese and magnesium, in pool water and corrosion of metal pool fittings can often cause staining or scaling. Do not let the pH of pool water fall below 7.0 or you risk serious corrosion problems. For scale prevention, it's also recommended to maintain pH at 7.2 to 7.6, total alkalinity at 100-150 ppm, and calcium hardness at 100 to 275 ppm.
Directions for Use
- - Before using Metal Out, adjust pH between 7.2-7.6
- - For best results, use Metal Out in the evening, allowing the pool pump to operate overnight.
- - Add 4-6 ounces per 10,000 gallons every 4-5 ays by premixing into plastic pail of water first. Dispense solution into deep end of pool.
- - Cloudiness may develop with the appearance of white flakes. This is normal indicating that Metal Out is working. The cloudiness will dissipate.