Item # 4849P
This fast-acting formula with minimal residue adds muscle to chlorine and effectively kills bacteria, stops algae in its tracks and destroys organic contaminants.
Calcium Hypochlorite: 73%
OTHER INGREDIENTS: 27%
Minimum Available Chlorine: 70%
How to Use:Add the recommended dosage of this product during evening hours while the filter pump is running. When adding this product to your pool, broadcast the product evenly over a wide area in the deepest part of the pool. Use entire contents when opened. If any granules settle to the bottom of the pool, use brush to disperse.
Water Balance:For best product performance, swimmer comfort, and crystal clear water: Maintain pH in the range of 7.2 to 7.6. Maintain total alkalinity in the range of 60 to 120 parts per million (ppm). Maintain calcium hardness above 200 ppm. Use a reliable test kit that measures all these ranges. Use Doheny’s Pool Care Products to make adjustments. Follow label directions for each product. Re-entry into treated pools is prohibited above 4ppm due to risk of bodily harm.
Opening Your Pool:For best results, see the “WATER BALANCE” section on this package before treatment. Always adjust and maintain pH in the 7.2 to 7.6 range. Follow “SHOCK TREATMENT / SUPERCHLORINATION” directions on this package. Allow 30 minutes for product to disperse. Test free available chlorine residual with a pool test kit. Repeat treatment as needed.
EPA REG. NO. 1258-1239-56890
EPA EST. NO. 52270-GA-01
Precautionary Statements Hazards to Humans and Domestic Animals
Danger: Highly corrosive. Causes irreversible eye damage and skin burns. May be fatal if swallowed. Irritating to nose and throat.• Open in a well ventilated area. Avoid breathing dust and fumes.
• Do not get in eyes, on skin or on clothing.
• Do not handle with bare hands. Wear goggles or face shield and use rubber gloves when handling. For additional protection of skin, wear long sleeves and long pants.
• Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Only use utensils that are thoroughly clean and dry. Irritating to nose and throat. Avoid breathing dust and fumes.
• Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or going to Restroom.
Physical and Chemical Hazards: If product is exposed to small amounts of water, it can react violently to produce heat and toxic gases and spatter. Do not add water to this product. Add only into water.• Do not allow to become wet or damp before use.
• Can react with other materials, including other water treatment products, to cause intense fire, explosion, and the release of toxic gases.
• Keep all foreign matter, including other water treatment products, away from this product. Use only clean dry equipment to dispense this product.
• Do not use this product in a container or dispensing device that has been used with any other product. Exposure to heat can cause this product to rapidly decompose, leading to intense fire, explosion, and the release of toxic gases.
• Store in a cool, dry, well ventilated area.
• Strong oxidizing agent. This product can increase fire intensity. Keep away from heat and from flame and burning material (like a lighted cigarette).
Environmental Hazards: This pesticide is toxic to fish and aquatic organisms.
Storage & Disposal:Keep this product dry in its tightly closed container when not in use. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area. Keep away from heat or open flame. Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Rinse empty container thoroughly with water to dissolve all material prior to disposal. Offer for recycling if available. Do not contaminate food or feed by storage or disposal or cleaning of equipment. FOR DISPOSAL OF A CONTAMINATED OR DECOMPOSING PRODUCT SEE “EMERGENCY HANDLING.”
EMERGENCY HANDLING:In case of contamination or decomposition - Do not reseal container. Immediately remove container to an open and well-ventilated outdoor area by itself. Flood with large amounts of water. Dispose of the container and any remaining contaminated material in an approved landfill area.
IF IN EYES: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
IF ON SKIN OR CLOTHING: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15 20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
IF SWALLOWED: Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
IF INHALED: Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth if possible. Call a poison control center or doctor for further treatment advice. Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment.
NOTE TO PHYSICIAN: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY CALL: 1-800-654-6911.
Fantastic & simple to use product Review by pool lovin' granma Barbara from Drum Hill NC
This stuff is dynamite in the pool because it blasts out anything remotely green & leaves the water looking like its full of floating diamonds ! Can we spell BEE U T FULL?
This is the BEST SHOCK product on the market. One packet in my 15,000 gal above ground once a week does the trick & no worries ! Go for the GOLD
Good price - fast shipping Review by John
They aren't kidding when they say you will get your items the next day. The service speed was impressive. The shock works well and dissolves well without clumping or sinking like a ton of bricks. While they advertise free shipping, you will be hit with a handling fee. I have yet to see an online pool vendor not charge this. Prices here are very competitive and the service speed is certainly speedy!
shock Review by Guest
easy packaging, good product
super shock Review by Guest
great product,easy to use and saves time and money all summer long,more time to enjoy pool less time treating it
shock Review by Guest
I like this shock because it works well quickly and has a greater concentrate of active ingredient. You aren't paying for all the additives. Easy to use, no mess.